A Movement like no other. A journey to authentic manhood. With one goal in mind. To follow in the footsteps of the one man who symbolized authentic manhood in human form for 33 years. Jesus Christ.
My pastor, Bryan Carter, and two other local pastors took a Men’s study devotional written by Robert Lewis ‘Men’s Fraternity’ and developed a new curriculum similar to that of the first one.
The purpose of 33 “The Series” is for men to engage in the Authentic Manhood Movement-a movement that leads men to the life of truth, passion and purpose they were created to live. It is designed to inspire and equip men to pursue Authentic Manhood as modeled by Jesus Christ in the 33 years he lived on earth.
Every Saturday at 7 in the morning, men gather, brothers in the church, inviting their co-workers, neighbors, guests from other churches all come to fellowship and grow as men. This past Saturday was the kickoff and nearly 500 men showed up.
The first lesson is officially next week, but Pastor shared directly from his heart a few key steps to take to grow as a Man..
- To Grow as a man I must remember It’s a journey.
1 Corinthians 13:11 says When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, i reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. The journey isn’t because of age, it’s the continuous commitment of growing up.
- To grow as a man, I must reach to other brothers. We can’t do this by ourselves. David had Jonathan and his mighty men, Jesus had His disciples. As men, we have to link together and encourage one another. Scripture says iron sharpens iron.
- To grow as a man, I must recognize I need help. Proverbs 14:12 says There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.
- To grow as a man, I must recycle my past. God wants to take our past and recycle it and use for a better future. just like how we are to recycle paper and plastic for a better environment..
- To grow as a man, I must refocus on my role model, Jesus Christ. This one hits hard, being distracted away from what really is priority in life is serious. Especially in today’s time.
- To grow as a man, I must re-engage my heart along with my heads. It’s time to get active again and stop being idle. And time to reconnect my heart to God.
- To grow as a man, I must rely on a plan for Manhood. During this series, I will write out a manhood plan, i must stay committed to.
I’m excited for this series. I’m wanting God to take me to the next level in my manhood, but I have to be willing to sacrifice some things and willing to leave some things behind….
To any man who has read this, I encourage you and invite you to partake in this. It’s every Saturday morning @ 7 at Concord Church on 6808 Pastor Bailey Drive in Dallas, Texas. Make the sacrifice, and make the commitment to being a better man!